Peggies Born Tomorrow

Tuesday, October 23, 2007 / Posted by Rambo /

Won't sleep tonite, Peggie arrives in the morning at 5.00am. Have not been this excited since my first born kid 25 years ago. Think I've even waited 9 months too. Don't know about everyone else, but i have always had an emotional attachment to my canoes, i still have my 1st one, born 1991, just can't bring myself to sell them as their part of the family.

Just like babies, canoes have there own personality and faults ... some leak, some go off track, some wallow, but all you can do is guide them in the right direction and hope the manufacturer has done his/her job.

After a 3 week trip from China and in the close company of 74 brothers and sisters, Peggies probably looking forward to wetting her nose. First things first though, she must be blessed and named and introduced to the family, then taken out to Carty's and shown the dangers. Might have to take Huri also, as he knows the dangers at Carty's more than me, having been sacrificed on the rocks and reborn earlier in the year. I think Huri knows somethings happening, he's been performing fantastic over the last few weeks.

I'll be at the birthing chamber (shipping container) first thing in the morning to help Chris with the delivery, so will get to see all the brothers and sisters. Yes i will take photos of them and post them here tomorrow night. ... after i have got Peggies bum wet.

Cheers Rambo

Labels:

0 comments:

Post a Comment