Just Landed from Mars

Wednesday, January 30, 2008 / Posted by Rambo /




My latest wireless HQ SuckerCam.

This little baby i made to suction mount onto any flat or curved surface, like an OC6 front or rear deck or as i have just done, behind me on the “Peggie OC1”.

It has 520 line Bullet Cam with 10 hour battery and Digital Recorder in the Pelican box. The picture quality is awesome. I have 2 lens for it, 127 degree wide angle and 90 standard. Weight is around 3LB.

This thing sticks like a leech, and after huliing big time yesterday in big surf, never moved. I do attach a lanyard just in case though.

Watch the video from the SuctionCam mounted only 3 ft behind me.




Would be good for Advertising eh. Anyone want to sponsor me? Hahaaa.



This is what i did to my GoPros. It will the fit on to any 1/4 inch camera tripod or accessory mount, make it more versatile. Just superglue the threaded adapter onto the rear.



Not a big fan of the HelmetCam as it gives jerky footage, but it can be useful.

And RalphCam of Course


I also built a Rotating/Panning motor that will rotate my cams on any mount using a remote control. Watch the video to see it in action.


Next version of SuctionCam will be smaller and will transmit a video signal live to land based monitor. This land base will also have a wireless joystick for controlling the panning of the BulletCam. That way the Oc1 or any craft becomes a moving transmitting platform and gives directional control to land based operator to maximize coverage. Details posted here soon.

Cheers Rambo

Labels: , , , , ,

2 comments:

Comment by Unknown on January 30, 2008

I love that view with the camera on the back of the canoe. Looks very cool!

Comment by Rambo on January 30, 2008

It's only 3 ft behind me, i can get wider if i go back more. I hoping to capture much more of the other OC's around me. Good incentive to go faster eh.

Thanks for your comment Mindy. Like your ChickBlog too.

Post a Comment